Summer Garden Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
1 bunch baby carrots, peeled and blanched for 3 minutes
1 cup green beans or fava beans, blanched
1 cup diced red potato, cooked
12 basil leaves
2 ears corn, cooked, kernels removed
2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
2 cups basil leaves
1 tsp. minced garlic
4 Tbsp. grated parmesan
4 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
1. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a cuisinart. Process for 30 seconds to rough paste.
1. Whisk together sherry, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil to emulsify.
1. Right before serving, whisk the vinaigrette into the pesto.
2. Place all the salad ingredients in a large mising bowl, season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
Yield: 4 servings