Sauteed Venison in Hunter Sauce
8 oz. fine cut strips venison
2 oz. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, cut in half
1 mushroom, sliced
1/4 yellow onion, sliced
1 Roma tomato
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup beef stock
Corn starch and water mix
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat skillet on medium high heat.
2. Add 1/2 of olive oil and saute garlic, onion and mushroom for about two minutes or until tender.
3. Add red wine and reduce heat by half.
4. Add beef stock and bring back to a boil.
5. Add tomatoes, then corn starch/water mix until medium sauce.
6. Season to taste and place in serving bowl.
1. Add remainder of olive oil to skillet over medium high heat.
2. Quickly saute venison and season to taste.
3. Serve atop hunter sauce.