1 cup half and half
2 large eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brandy (don't skip the brandy, it really makes the flavor sing)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
8 Tbsp. blueberry jam
4 regular-size croissants, cut horizontally, or 8 petite croissants
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 pint fresh blueberries
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. In a wide bowl or baking dish, whisk together half and half, eggs, sugar, brandy, cinnamon and salt.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons jam on each of 4 croissant halves (1 tablespoon if using petite croissants); top each with a plain croissant half, pressing to adhere.
3. Place croissants in custard turn to coat. Let soak for a few minutes until custard is absorbed, turning and basting often.
4. In a large heavy skillet or electric frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
5. Add croissants and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
6. Transfer to serving plates.
7. Add blueberries to same skillet and sauté until heated through, about 3 minutes.
8. Spoon berries over croissants.
9. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Inspired Chef Culinary Instructor