2 slices raw bacon, diced
16-20 jumbo shrimp, deveined
2 Tbsp. olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 oz. blackening season
1/2 cup andoulie sausage, diced
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup green bell peppers, diced
3/4 cup celery, diced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 cup tomato juice
2 cup chicken stock
1 box white rice
Chopped chives and parsley
1. Saute bacon until medium cooked. Do not drain, and set aside.
2. Dredge shrimp through blackening seasoning.
3. Add olive oil to bacon grease and sauté both sides of shrimp.
4. Add garlic and rest of blackening season and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add onions, peppers, celery and cook 4 minutes
6. Add tomato juice, chicken stock and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil.
7. Serve on a bed of rice and add chives and/or parsley.
Add a variety of meats such as chicken, pork, steak or hamburger.