7 oz. pkg. caramels
1/4 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
9-inch chocolate crumb piecrust
2 3 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup milk
3.9 oz. pkg. chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 cup fudge topping
1. Place caramels and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan. Heat over medium low heat, stirring continually, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Pour mixture into piecrust.
2. Combine cream cheese, sour cream and milk in a blender or whisk together well. Process until smooth. Add pudding mix: Process for about 30 seconds. Pour pudding mixture over caramel layer, covering evenly.
3. Chill, loosely covered, until set, about 15 minutes.
4. Drizzle fudge topping over pudding layer in decorative pattern. Sprinkle top of cake with remaining pecans.
5. Chill, loosely covered, until serving time.
Drizzle 1/4 cup caramel topping over the cheesecake instead of the fudge topping for a gooey sweet treat.
This luscious cheesecake may be made one day ahead. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Add topping and decorate with pecans before serving.