Scampi Style Shrimp with Orange Cream
Dining at Dawn - Morning Rush Hour
1 lb. raw shrimp (16-20 count, peeled and deviened)
3 oz. whole butter
1 tsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. Cardonay wine
1 tsp. fresh chopped parsley
2 Tbsp. table cream
1 med. orange peeled, seeded and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat up oil on medium-high heat, then add the shrimp. Saute one minute on each side, then add wine.
2. Turn heat down to medium-low then add lemon juice and parsley. Simmer for one minute, then set shrimp aside. Continue to simmer for two more minutes, then add butter.
3. When butter is melted add cream and orange. Cook on low for one more minutes.
4. Re-introduce shrimp to heat back up.
5. Arrange on plate and top with orange cream sauce.
Yield: 4 appetizer portions