1 1/2 cups chili sauce
3/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
2 small cloves garlic, halved
1 tsp. salt
4 boneless or bone-in chicken breasts
1. Mix chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish, garlic and salt in a bowl. Reserve 1/2 of marinade.
2. Add chicken to bowl, turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes.
3. Preheat grill or broiler. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade in bowl.
4. Place chicken on grill or on broiler pan. Grill or broil chicken, turning and basting frequently with half the reserved marinade, until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 15- 20 minutes.
5. Heat remaining reserved marinade in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally. Serve hot alongside chicken.
Prepare large batches of marinade ahead of time, and then freeze in recipe-size amounts to have on hand whenever you're ready to fire up the grill.
Cut marinated chicken into nuggets for quick-cooking kebabs. Then add chunks on onion, bell peppers, mushrooms or any other vegetable to the skewers. Grill as recipe directs but reduce cooking time to about 15 minutes.
For a less spicy sauce, use ketchup instead of the chili sauce and omit the horseradish.