- Meridian Community College officially dedicated the former highway patrol headquarters as Weddington Hall, named for local business and sports icons, H.G., Alex, and Lou Weddington.
- Operation Understanding DC is a group of Jewish and African-American students from the Washington D.C. area that is learning about discrimination during the civil rights movement and how to eradicate discrimination in the future.
- With only a few weeks left of summer, the Mississippi State Department of Health reminds parents that state law requires children to be immunized against childhood diseases to enter public or private school, Head Start or daycare.
- Ross Collins Career and Technical Center will begin to offer computer science and engineering courses this upcoming school year which is a part of a nationally based curriculum of STEM courses.
- The Mississippi Department of Education says 166 families will receive an annual subsidy of $6,500 that can be used to pay for private school tuition, tutoring or other educational services outside the public schools for their special needs children.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.