MHS Grad Wins TATU Scholarship
- Meridian High School graduate, Justice Lynch, won a $2000 scholarship through participation in Teens Against Tobacco Use.
Community College Tuition Going Up
- Tuition at Mississippi community colleges will increase by an average of about 6 percent this fall.
Golf Tournament Benefits FCA
- Twenty-four teams played in the 7th Annual Commercial Bank Golf Tournament to raise money for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Presentation of Mulan Saturday
- A local arts group is getting ready for a production of a Disney favorite, featuring lots of local kids.
Meridian School Board Works on Discipline Policies
- Meridian's Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Alvin Taylor, says the Board of Education is working to comply with the Consent Order handed down by the U.S. Department of Justice.
Imagination Library Expanding
- The United Way of East Mississippi, Phil Hardin Foundation and the Meridian Rotary Club announced the expansion of the Imagination Library program in Lauderdale County.
Teachers Using Everyday Objects to Teach
- Some local teachers are learning about new and inexpensive ways to teach.
Groups Partner to Help Youth
- Some community, business and church leaders are coming together to address some of the needs of Meridian's young people.
College for Kids
- Meridian Community College's 15th Annual College for Kids started this week.
NAACP Meeting to Touch on School-to-Jail Decree
- An informational meeting is scheduled to discuss a decree signed by a federal judge concerning the alleged school-to-jail pipeline.
Mississippi Seeking New State Superintendent
- Board agrees on traits sought in Miss. K-12 leader.
TCW Shares Positive Message
- While in town to tape a show, Traditional Championship Wrestling paid a visit the Boys and Girls Club of East Mississippi.
Teachers Train for Small Learning Communities
- Teachers at Meridian High School are already getting a jump start on the next school year.
One Who Cares: Jennifer Wolfe
- By getting involved, Jennifer Wolfe not only helped her son, but his entire school.
West Lauderdale Elementary Staff Walks for a Cure
- Staff members of West Lauderdale Elementary School took a walk Friday to support a good cause.
815 23rd Ave
Meridian, Ms. 39301
Phone: (601) 693-1441
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2013 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability
User Agent: CCBot/2.0