Starkville, Miss. The state College Board has approved a series of agreements finalizing plans for the Cotton Mill project at Mississippi State University.
The Starkville structure was built in 1902 as the Stone Cotton Mill and was indirectly associated with MSU for a time. MSU bought it in 1965, three years after the mill closed, and it now belongs to MSU's physical plant department. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Commercial Dispatch reports (http://bit.ly/19WwIJL) that the project will transform MSU's Cooley Building into a conference building with office space, a 450-space parking facility, a Marriot Courtyard Hotel and mixed-use business parcels.
MSU will sell a portion of its property for a hotel, lease the Cooley Building and utilize some of its office space.