Area Sports Scores
WTOK Top Sports Headlines
Southern Miss Football Player Arrested
- Southern Miss defensive back Ed Wilkins was arrrested Friday on a charge of armed robbery.
McClain Convicted in Alabama
- A city court judge in Decatur, AL convicted former Crimson Tide linebacker Rolando McClain on misdemeanor counts during a non-jury trial Friday.
SEC Leads Nation in Early Jumps to NFL
- The SEC, by far and away, leads the country in underclassmen heading to the NFL
Former Alabama LB McClain Misses Start of Training Camp
- Former Crimson Tide linebacker Rolando McClain missed the start of Dallas Cowboys training camp to return to Alabama for trial on charges of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Turf Arrives at East Central Football Field
- Construction crews from the Flowood-based company EnviroTurf put down the first pieces of field turf in Bailey Stadium on the campus of East Central Community College.
MSU Fan Day Set
- MSU's annual football fan day is slated for Sunday, August 24th
MSU Basketball Announces 2014-15 Non-Conference Schedule
- Mississippi State's non-conference schedule for the 2014-15 basketball season includes schools like Bradley, St. Louis and Florida State.
Closure Saturday at Bonita Lakes
- The boat ramp and horse cleaning area in the spillway at Bonita Lakes will be closed Saturday, July 26.
Alderman Honored in Return from Pan American Championship
- Twelve-year-old Kemp Alderman returned to Decatur from Mazatlan, Mexico where he had been competing for USA Baseball's twelve-and-under team in the Pan American Championship.
Former Alabama Linebacker McClain Won't Get Trial Delay
- Decatur, AL Judge Bill Cook Jr. declined to push back Rolando McClain's trial set for Friday on charges of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Louisville WR Dontea Jones Cracks the "Dandy Dozen"
- Dontea Jones caught 43 passes for over 700 yards and eleven touchdowns as part of a nearly unstoppable passing attack that fueled Louisville's16-0 season and 3A state championship victory over Hazlehurst.
MHSAA State Championships to Vaught-Hemingway, Davis Wade Stadiums
- Mississippi State and Ole Miss willl alternate hosting the MHSAA football state championship games beginning beginning this Fall until 2017. Southern Mississippi will host the Mississippi/Alabama Football classic in 2015 and 2017.
Rory McIlroy Snags 3rd Career Major at British Open
- Rory McIlroy completed a wire-to-wire victory Sunday in the British Open to capture the third leg of the career Grand Slam.
UWA Women's Soccer Program Steadily Rising under Graeme Orr
- Graeme Orr is the only women's soccer coach in the 179-year history of the University of West Alabama. Three seasons after the program began, Orr is not only improving the Lady Tigers; he's trying to make Livingston an attractive place for footballers all over the country.
Braves Fall to Phillies 2-1
- Atlanta falls back into a first place tie with the Nationals in the National League East
More WTOK Top Sports Headlines