Cheatham Treated for Burns

A former local college football coach is recovering after being burned in an accident Monday.

Officials at East Central Community College in Decatur say former head football coach, Steve Cheatham, was injured while burning trash near his home. An aerosol can apparently exploded, causing first- and second-degree burns.

Cheatham was airlifted to a burn center in Augusta, Ga., for treatment.

Cheatham retired as coach at ECCC before this season, because he was battling cancer.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Melissa Location: Philadelphia on Aug 25, 2009 at 07:49 PM
    My prayers are with Coach and his family for a full and speedy recovery.
WTOK-TV 815 23rd Ave Meridian, Ms. 39301 Phone: (601) 693-1441
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 54844292 - wtok.com/a?a=54844292
Gray Television, Inc.