#9 Ole Miss (21-4) vs. Southern Miss (12-12)
Date: March 25, 2014
Location: Pearl, Miss.
Venue: Trustmark Park
Series: Ole Miss leads 71-45
Last Series: USM won both games in 2013
Radio: Ole Miss Baseball Network
Live Stats: OleMissSports.com
Live Video: www.WatchRebelVision.com
Twitter Updates: @OleMissBSB
• Ole Miss continued to rise in the rankings after a sweep of Missouri, topping out at No. 9 in the latest
• The Rebels are second in the SEC in batting (.309), second in home runs (19) and seventh in scoring
• Ole Miss is fourth in ERA as a staff (2.03) and is tops in the league in strikeouts (233) with a league-
leading 21 wins.
• Three Rebels rank in the top five in the SEC in hits: Bousfield (T1st - 39), Allen (3rd - 35) and
Anderson (T4th - 34).
• Bousfield ranks in the top 10 in the SEC in hits (T1st), average (4th), Runs (9th) and on base
• Will Allen is tied for the league lead in RBI (32) and is tied for fourth in the league in home runs (4)
• Sikes Orvis is second in the SEC in home runs (6) and has produced nine of his 14 RBI from home
• Chris Ellis ranks third in the SEC in ERA (0.67) while Christian Trent is sixth in the SEC in strikeouts
• Ole Miss is now 8-1 in one-run games this season and has posted nine come-from-behind wins.
PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS
TUESDAY, 6:30 PM
USM - Cody Carroll, So., RHP
OLE MISS - Jeremy Massie, Sr., LHP
• The southpaw makes his fifth start of the season and sixth appearance with the nod against USM.
• Massie has made 23 appearances in his Rebel career, including 19 relief outings as a junior.
• This season, Massie is 1-1 with a 2.25 ERA through 20.0 IP with a .200 opponent batting average.
• The left-hander has posted seven walks and 13 strikeouts with only one extra-base hit allowed.
• Massie took the loss against Memphis, but picked up the win on the road at Southeastern Louisiana.
A LOOK AT SOUTHERN MISS
The Golden Eagles of Southern Miss enter the week with an overall record of 12-12 and are coming off a series win over Texas-San Antonio in which Southern Miss won the first and final game of the series.
• The Golden Eagles are 4-2 in midweek games this season with losses to Florida and South Alabama.
• Southern Miss holds a .243 batting average with 120 runs scored, 14 home runs and 114 RBI.
• Mason Robbins is a key for the offense, htting .284 with three home runs, 22 RBI and 20 runs.
• As a staff, USM holds a 3.70 ERA with 86 walks and 210 strikeouts through 214.0 innings of work.
• RHP Cody Carroll is 1-0 with two starts, a 1.00 ERA to go along with three walks and eight strikeouts.
• Carroll started against ULM (3/18) and picked up the win, but USM lost his start against USA (3/12).
REBELS vs. SOUTHERN MISS
The Rebels and Golden Eagles have faced each other 116 times in the history of the two programs with Ole Miss holding a 71-45 lead in the all-time series with Southern Miss.
• The Golden Eagles won both meetings last season, 2-1 in Pearl and 10-3 in Hattiesburg.