Hurricane Isaías targets Florida on Saturday
MERIDIAN, Miss. (WTOK) - Hurricane Isaías is tracking through the Bahamas and will target Florida’s Atlantic Coast Saturday night through Sunday.
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for:
- the Florida Coast from Boca Raton to the Brevard-Volusia County line
- The Northwestern Bahamas
- The Central Bahamas
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for:
- the Florida Coast from north of Ocean Reef to south of Boca Raton
- Lake Okeechobee in Florida
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for:
- the Florida Coast from Hallandale Beach to south of Boca Raton
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for:
- the Florida Coast from the Flagler-Volusia County line to Ponte Vedra Beach
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for:
- the Florida Coast from Jupiter Inlet to Ponte Vedra Beach
Hurricane-force winds could buzz the coast from West Palm Beach and Fort Pierce to Melbourne and Cape Canaveral. Tropical-storm-force winds will spread inland as far as Lake Okeechobee and Orlando. Heavy rainfall, coastal flooding, and destructive winds are likely.
Landfall is possible, but the storm’s center may track just offshore. With or without landfall, significant impact is likely with 90 mph winds blasting parts of Florida.
Hurricane Isaías will begin pulling away from Florida late Sunday night, but it is expected to target South Carolina and North Carolina on Monday and Tuesday.
Copyright 2020 WTOK. All rights reserved.